Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Is this a deal or no deal?

Deal or No Deal (video game)Image via Wikipedia

Ok..so I like to change my blog now and then...it's not just because it is a blog....it's because it just IS. I used to do it to my hair a lot...but finally after many disasters I have found other things to massacre.
So, I decide to change the blog and I first tried just a background like this...but stupidly I saved it without backing up my original. Then I decided I wanted something more than just a background so, figured I would go to where I got the purple flowered blog that I deleted. I found another template that I fell in love with (sort of) so I tried it and previewed it before I saved it. (using my head this time) Well, to my horror I saw that everything on my side bar would be gone if I saved the layout.
Ok, so since I know that I can do just a background with out losing my sidebar, I decided I'd better find something I like in backgrounds. So, back to the cutest blog I went. Hence, the change of the look of this blog.
First of all, I have 3 blogs and I don't even know why. Ok, well, I have one to answer my memes and I have one where you go to MCQ on mondays. Right? you do go there right?
so this 3rd one is sort of just for the leftovers I guess. You never know when I will have something very important to tell ya. Like I am doing now!! :-)
So after adopting this new blog look I had to make some odds and ends to go on my side bar and I had to change the text colors and etc. I have spent pretty much the whole day on this dang thing!
So now....was it worth it?
Reply with the number that matches you feeling about my new blog.....
1. My god I want to vomit when I see it. NO DEAL
2. I guess I can bear with it..I am not here all that often.
3. Stop fretting....it's kind of cute.
4. Actually I think it's the bomb! DEAL!

Hey even I know there is always room for improvement!:-)

purple w shadow

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this new look. #4 all the way for me :)

Lana said...

lol thanks thom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauralee said...

Hello there. Just checking out new blogs and I really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. :)

Lana said...

thanks Lee Beth!

Stef H said...

i'm #3. it's nice. but you seem to like dark colors!

i used to color my hair a different color every time it needed it. my poor friends never knew what they were going to see. were we sisters in a previous life? bwwwahhhaaaa!

hugs,

Lana said...

Maybe we were...LOL My deal was cutting..and still is..I alwya get an urge to cut something off when it won't do what I like!
chop...my bamngs are a little short now...
I had green hair and purple hair once too! I thought I knew what I was doing...I had to have my hair died real dark to cover it....LOL Gross

Stef H said...

i would be blonde one month, auburn another, brown, etc. i found out i look awful in dark brown or black but i'm good as a blonde!. wait. let me rephrase that - LOL. never had the green or purple, but can definitely relate to cutting - and then there's the cursing. too funny!

hugs, p.s. my thurs. thunks is up.

ashley said...

I vote #3.
Come visit me and read my Thursday Thunks.

Anonymous said...

It's purple, does anything else matter???

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to go with #4.

Lana said...

YOURNAME:kind the way I was thinkin :-)

Mejis...thank you! I am getting to like it more and more...probably love it just about the time I want to change it again ;-)

Rochelle said...

Hey Lani - I just posted about the awards you gave me - case you wanna take a look see. Thanks again!

~Rochelle

Rochelle said...

Lani - HA! Sorry that I've ruined your taste for seafood for life! Ironically, I spent my first two years in Fargo, ND then WE moved to Seattle (so I've me some Midwestern girl in me too).

Thanks again
Rochelle :)

joyce said...

#4 for me...I absolutely love it!!! I didn't know you can use different layouts other than the ones provided by blogger...how do you get them? I feel like a change to mine too.

Lana said...

thanks so much for your comment!!!
here are two good websites...they have the directions...the nice thing is they are only changing the backgrounds so it doesn't remove your stuff in your sidebar. http://hotbliggityblog.com/ and http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds.html
If you were to want to start all over from scratch before you have your sidebar all set up...then I recommend this place.. http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates there are a lot of cool ones at the last one place but it will remove anything you have on your page when you install .....
if you have any questions ..I might be able to help...Maybe
Lani

Carma Sez said...

I'll go with #3 :-) I'm currently having my blog re-formatted, but I decided to pay someone do it for me after the last disaster I attempted wherein my blog got totally screwed up! Coding is not my friend!

Lana said...

Carma..thats why its nice to just change the background because you don't have to change the code. you just add it as a gadjet...or widget...or what ever the things are called