Sunday, October 11, 2015
It's been nearly 3 weeks since we lost our Ellie and it's getting maybe a bit easier, but I still have my moments everyday. We miss her so much. If there was ever a perfect dog...she was it. Ellie would have turned 5 on Friday, the 9th of Oct. Zoey doesn't seem to notice that Ellie is gone. She has really calmed down and changed in a lot of ways. She is a sweet dog, but very needy at times. :-) Who couldn't love this face?
Sunday, September 27, 2015
On Sept. 22nd 2015 my little Ellie died. she was just under 5 yrs old. She had a disease called Necrotizing Encephalitis. She was diagnosed on August 10th 2015 at The Kansas State University Veterinary Health Center in Manhattan, Ks., after my home town Vet tried for about a month to figure out what was going on.
NE is one of the saddest things you will ever watch your pet go through. Filled with hope, we continued to follow the treatment plan that Manhattan had come up with. But, Ellie's symptoms began to worsen again after only a month or so of showing improvement. Although, they changed her medication dosage, it wasn't the answer and she became much worse very quickly.
Ellie was an adorable, sweet, loving and intelligent little girl and it was devastating to lose her. We have another little girl, Zoey, who is a Coton De Tulear. Zoey came to us with an issue with her leg, but so far it has not become serious. But, we will have to address her problem next. At times I wonder why we took on the responsibility of pets...there is always a chance that one will become ill and not only is it expensive to treat them it is devastating if they don't live through it. We will miss her terribly!
Thursday, February 12, 2015
Sunday, September 15, 2013
I am glad to see the end of the hot hot days but, I don’t want to see winter come! Right now we are having some mild weather and mild temps! It rained off and on today and a little rain coming on Tuesday, also. But mild temps and some sun is expected this week, also. I am hoping for a real long fall this year. But by the feel of things today it could cool off a bit too much too soon this year. Gawd, I hate winter!
Friday, September 13, 2013
I love sweets more than anything…but I have to be careful about what I eat. I am fructose and lactose intolerant. Gluten has fructans in it so it’s a no no, too… Once in awhile I find a gluten free recipe that seems like it’s to die for…so figured I’d share now and then…
One fan says "you would never know that these are GF or from a box!" http://bit.ly/16pXxCGPrep Time20 min
- Total Time2 hr 0 min
1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free brownie mix
- Butter and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 25 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of (8- or 9-inch) square pan. In medium bowl, stir together brownie mix, butter and eggs until blended. Spread 2/3 of batter in pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, in medium microwavable bowl, microwave caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Drizzle caramel evenly over partially baked brownie. Sprinkle with half the chocolate chips and half the pecans. Drop remaining brownie batter by small spoonfuls onto caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and pecans.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until top of brownie looks dry. Cool completely before cutting. Cut into squares, 4 rows by 4 rows.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Or does it just seem that way because I am not supposed to eat them? I really would love to make these!!!!
Recipe summitted by Rhonda Hasted
Best darn Brownies:
Lunchroom Ladies 50 year old recipe.
1 c butter ...
1/2 c cocoa
2 c flour
2 c sugar
4 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts
Pour in 9x13 pan, bake 20-25 mins on 350.
Check at 20 mins
1/4 c softened butter
¼ c can milk (regular milk is fine)
1/4 c cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
Mix all together & frost as desired.